Fall 2018 Foundations Yoga Teacher Training Program with Jonathan Austman
Jonathan Austman has been training and certifying Yoga Teachers since 2000 when he and Cynthia Funk developed and established the highly regarded Evolving Spirit Yoga Teacher Training program at The Yoga Sanctuary in Toronto. Since 2006 he has been offering annual Yoga Teacher Trainings in Winnipeg. His trainings provide students the foundational skills to teach yoga classes in a wide variety of styles, formats and venues. Graduates of the program teach yoga to diverse groups, adapting their own explorations and experiences of the subtleties of yoga practice and theory to suit the situation at hand. Jonathan’s intention is to provide students with an engaging, expansive and practical experience of yoga as a whole. Upon completion of the program students will have gained practical knowledge and useful experience in the following areas:
◦ Introductory Functional Anatomy through an in depth introduction to asana, pranayama, meditation, bandhas, trishtana (three places of attention)
◦ A contemporary view of Yoga Theory, History, Philosophy and the Eight Limbs of Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga.
◦ The practical skills necessary for sequencing and teaching a Beginners Yoga Class, including verbal instruction, how to use demonstration, props and modifications, teaching Meditation and Pranayama, assisting/adjusting techniques and the Sanskrit pronunciation of poses.
◦ Meditation through the simplicity and depth of Anapanasati (awareness of breath).
◦ How to adapt practice methods and sequencing to suit diverse groups.
◦ Chants from the Yoga tradition.
Summary of Requirements
In-class component: 110 hours
Class Observations: 4 classes (5 hours)
Personal Practice: 20 classes (25 hours)
Reading and Homework: 60 hours
Fall Session 2018 - 8 Weekends
September 22/23, 29/30, October 13/14, 20/21, 27/28, November 3/4, 17/18, 24/25
Saturdays 9:00am–4:00pm & Sundays 9:00am–4:00pm
◦ Teacher Training Workshops
◦ Teacher Training Manual
$3600 + gst
A deposit of $600 + gst is due upon acceptance to reserve a spot in the program.
The balance owing of $3000 + gst is due one week prior to the start of your session.
Cancellations made once the program has started will be subject to a $100 + gst administration fee. The amount refunded will be pro-rated based on the number of hours attended, less the administration fee.